Wiki Age 11 delivery

Community Wiki

This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on AAPC for 30 days and have made 5 posts. Learn More
B
Code: O09.613
Supervision of young primigravida, third trimester

Category Notes
Supervision of high risk pregnancy (O09-O09.A3)

Coding Guidelines
Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium (O00-O9A)
Note: CODES FROM THIS CHAPTER ARE FOR USE ONLY ON MATERNAL RECORDS, NEVER ON NEWBORN RECORDS
Codes from this chapter are for use for conditions related to or aggravated by the pregnancy, childbirth, or by the puerperium (maternal causes or obstetric causes)
Trimesters are counted from the first day of the last menstrual period. They are defined as follows:
1st trimester- less than 14 weeks 0 days
2nd trimester- 14 weeks 0 days to less than 28 weeks 0 days
3rd trimester- 28 weeks 0 days until delivery
Use additional code from category Z3A, Weeks of gestation, to identify the specific week of the pregnancy, if known.
Excludes 1: supervision of normal pregnancy (Z34.-)
Excludes 2: mental and behavioral disorders associated with the puerperium (F53)
obstetrical tetanus (A34)
postpartum necrosis of pituitary gland (E23.0)
puerperal osteomalacia (M83.0)
Best answers
I have an 11 year old that delivered a preterm baby at 34 weeks. All of the delivery diagnosis codes that i can find are for age 12 to 55. Does any one have any insight on billing a delivery for a patient under the age of 12?

thanks
Lauren

CodingKing

True Blue
Best answers
I'm not sure what DX codes you are looking at with age restriction.

O60.14X0 - Preterm labor third trimester with preterm delivery third trimester
Z3A.34 - 34 weeks gestation of pregnancy
Z37.0 - Single live birth

Airam0912

Contributor
Best answers
I would also add the supervision of young primi gravida 3rd trimester O09.613. This code is for patients 16 years of age or yourger at expected due date.