Wiki Angiogram

OPENSHAW

Guru
Best answers
I work for a cardiologist and need help coding this, please!

The dr. Did a catheter placement in coronary artery with right and left heart catheterization including intraprocedural injection(s) for left ventriculography, when performed.
I know this would be coded 93460 with modifier 26.

My question is what if he also did a pulmonary angiogram with runoffs and a left atrium angiogram, he injected dye. How would i code this?????

Thank you, linda.

I work for a cardiologist and need help coding this, please!

The dr. Did a catheter placement in coronary artery with right and left heart catheterization including intraprocedural injection(s) for left ventriculography, when performed.
I know this would be coded 93460 with modifier 26.

My question is what if he also did a pulmonary angiogram with runoffs and a left atrium angiogram, he injected dye. How would i code this?????

Thank you, linda.

Hi Linda,
I have noticed you did not get an answer in your other post of this question. I think perhaps that is because your question is a little confusing. I will try.

93460-26 is correct for a L/RHC with or without LT Ventriculography.
A pulmonary injection during a heart cath is 93568, I do not know what pulmonary "runoffs" are :confused:
The injection for the LT atrium is included with 96460. See the notes below the code description in the CPT book for more information.

An aortography of the abdomin (or thorax) is typically a component of any heart cath and should not be routinely separately coded without separate medical necessity.

Angiography of the access site (lower or upper extremity studies) should also not be reported without additional medical necessity.

HTH :)