Wiki ASC billing questions

Best answers
Good morning, I wanted to know does anyone know where I can find the Texas policies and procedures for coding and billing in ASCs. My concern is that I work for a ASC where the Drs are non compliant with there dictations. The Drs refuses to dictate in a timely fashion which causes me to have delinquent billing issues,which means we miss the filing deadlines for the insurance companies. Since this issue has arised, my manager wants me to code and bill from the H&P, Anesthia, and the posting that the Dr sends over to schedule the surgery. The main document is missing from the chart which is the Operative Report. I explain to my manager how this makes me feel very uncomfortable because this is assumption coding and to me I think its fraud. I need some feedback and information on this because I don't want him to say I'm being insubordinate and try to fire me...."CAN ANYBODY HELP" or give me some links where I can have just to cover me.

Good morning, I wanted to know does anyone know where I can find the Texas policies and procedures for coding and billing in ASCs. My concern is that I work for a ASC where the Drs are non compliant with there dictations. The Drs refuses to dictate in a timely fashion which causes me to have delinquent billing issues,which means we miss the filing deadlines for the insurance companies. Since this issue has arised, my manager wants me to code and bill from the H&P, Anesthia, and the posting that the Dr sends over to schedule the surgery. The main document is missing from the chart which is the Operative Report. I explain to my manager how this makes me feel very uncomfortable because this is assumption coding and to me I think its fraud. I need some feedback and information on this because I don't want him to say I'm being insubordinate and try to fire me...."CAN ANYBODY HELP" or give me some links where I can have just to cover me.

oh WOW!!!! This breaks EVERY RULE in EVERY BOOK!! Is your facility accredited by AAA or JAACO and to see Medicare patients? By doing this you are risking everything! I would be looking for a new job! Let me see if I can locate some links for you.

I've been looking and send resume's, no luck as of yet.