Wiki At a lost for IR Anesthesia coding

Best answers
Hello AAPC family,
I am trying to find the anesthesia code for the interventional radiology vascular procedures.
I have the CPT codes for the procedure: 75625, 76937, 75716, 36245, and 76942.

The second one added the revascularization: 75625, 76942, 75716, 76937, 36245 and 37227.

I am needing the code for MAC due to CRNA providing anesthesia during services. My crosswalk takes me to different codes and was hoping for clarification as to which one. I am sorry if this is so elementary to some.

I code for IR (congenital) and Congenital Cardiothroracic Anesthesia. To Answer your question MAC isnt going to change the ASA code. You have to make sure you code the Surgery and find the CPT with the higest RVU then Crosswalk it to an ASA Code.

3722701270 Anesthesia for procedures involving arteries of upper leg, including bypass graft; not otherwise specified
01440 Anesthesia for procedures on arteries of knee and popliteal area; not otherwise specified
01924 Anesthesia for therapeutic interventional radiological procedures involving the arterial system; not otherwise specified

00770 Anesthesia for all procedures on major abdominal blood vessels
00880 Anesthesia for procedures on major lower abdominal vessels; not otherwise specified
01270 Anesthesia for procedures involving arteries of upper leg, including bypass graft; not otherwise specified
01440 Anesthesia for procedures on arteries of knee and popliteal area; not otherwise specified
01500 Anesthesia for procedures on arteries of lower leg, including bypass graft; not otherwise specified
01916 Anesthesia for diagnostic arteriography/venography

So it really depends on the op-note and what the surgery was done for. Hope This Helps

Hello, regarding IR anesthesia coding, would the following anesthesia code for this case be 01924 IR procedures arteries nos?

The anesthesiologist is trying to bill 00880 anest for lower abdominal vessels; not otherwise specified.

Aortoiliac angiogram
us/cannulation of left common femoral artery
right lower ext angio
suction thrombectomy of rt iliac system
thrombolysis cath placement

All done percutaneous, I feel the justification in using the 01924 is that this was a percutaneous procedure. Even though anesthesia cpt 00880 does crosswalk from cath placement codes like 36246, I feel 00880 is for open procedures, is that correct to say?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.