Wiki "At the level of"

arleneg527

Networker
Best answers
The Dr. says the cath was placed at the level of the popliteal artery, does that mean that the catheter was place into the popliteal artery? This was done from the antegrade right common femoral arterial access, into the SFA to the level of the popliteal artery.

I coded 36245, he says I am wrong it should be 36246. My understanding is that the level of does not mean that it was placed into the popliteal artery.

What do you think?

The Dr. says the cath was placed at the level of the popliteal artery, does that mean that the catheter was place into the popliteal artery? This was done from the antegrade right common femoral arterial access, into the SFA to the level of the popliteal artery.

I coded 36245, he says I am wrong it should be 36246. My understanding is that the level of does not mean that it was placed into the popliteal artery.

What do you think?

I do not equate terms such as "at the level, to the level, near the opening/ostium" etc to mean into, therefore I agree with your code choice. Good job, and good luck...

HTH :)

The cath will be in pop artery so only doctor says its in the pop artery level we can code 36246.
He is telling the that the catheter is at pop artery level, then hw can u take it as the cath is in SFA.