Wiki Athletic Trainers

Best answers
Hello-

We are possibly going to be adding Athletic Trainers to one of our VT practices and I have had a hard time finding any kind a reimbursement rate for Medicare. I looked on the Medicare website and look up the fee schedule with the CPT codes and it says that it cannot do the pricing. I know part B covers this type of service. Does anyone have any experience with this who has a practice in VT? Thank you for any help and advice.

Lisa Bargmann Caiazzo, CPC

Hello-

We are possibly going to be adding Athletic Trainers to one of our VT practices and I have had a hard time finding any kind a reimbursement rate for Medicare. I looked on the Medicare website and look up the fee schedule with the CPT codes and it says that it cannot do the pricing. I know part B covers this type of service. Does anyone have any experience with this who has a practice in VT? Thank you for any help and advice.

Lisa Bargmann Caiazzo, CPC

What CPT codes are you trying to look up?

Edit to add: I don't believe that Athletic Trainers are eligible for reimbursement from Medicare anyhow, but I can at least help you look up the codes for your research purposes.

We have a certified athletic trainer who works with our Sports Medicine doc. They were also interested in having us code the FCE codes like 97750. They consulted our previous billing company who told them the athletic trainer must have her own NPI before we could submit codes under her or as incident to. Anyone know where I can find resources to support or refute that?