Wiki Baghdad ER

007CPC

Best answers
Anybody ever wonder what it would be like to code for the Baghdad Emergency Room?

Let me know what you think?

neuropathy

I don't think they code!

My husband was a civilian hauling fuel in the convoy to the military bases. He hit an IED, and is still recovering (July 2005). I was able to get his medical records from Landstuhl, but nothing from the Combat support hospital in Baghdad. From the documentary Baghdad ER I can see why. They are strickly concentrating on saving lives. There is no time to document, they do what ever has to be done, even grab a soldier if they need blood (no time to test to see if there has been exposure to any diseases).

I am sure George Bush Sr and Jr wants to see coding in Baghdad.

Democracy vs. Theocracy: which one do you think will prevail!

Having worked at a Military Treatment Facility (in the US), I can tell you we had a physician speak to our local chapter who was deployed to Iraq. He spoke of being an "internist" while there and not a "surgeon" as he was crednetialed. He gave a very good talk and what they go thru over there is incredible. According to him though, they do document and they do code (no coders in the field there) their own records. Having coded at the MTF I can also say there is documentation from there as I have seen it and have had it referenced in many many notes.