Wiki Billing 26045 and 26125 together

Best answers
I am trying to figure out if it is possible to bill 26045 and 26125 together. I can't find any documentation that this is not possible. Medicare has denied my claim for Related or qualifying claims/service was not identified on this claim. I did do a reopening to add the finger modifier for 26125 and attached the note. I ran the claim information through Clear Claim Connection with no problems. The diagnosis code is M72.0. The CPT's for the reopening looked like this - 26045, 26152-59-F2.

OP Note
Bruner incision was made on the fifth digit. we elevated the full-thickness skin flaps and grasp each corner. We exposed the significant amount of Dupuytren's pathological fascia. It was most significant and adherent to skin near the distal palmar crease and the PIP joint flexion crease. Care was taken to identify neurovascular bundles and then traced them distally. They were pulled to the midline out of the normal anatomic plane by the diseased tissue. Once the digital neurovascular bundles were exposed, the proximal portion of the cord was cut and released and then the pathologic tissue was reflected distally. At the PIP flexion crease, was once again entanglement of the digital neurovascular bundles with diseased fascia, so again once the plane was created the diseased tissue was elevated up off the flexor tendon sheath. We also found separate cord emanating from the abductor digiti minimi tendon and this too was resected and released. this left us with about a 10 degree or so flexion contracture of the PIP joint itself. I gently stretched the finger and felt that with the small degree of contracture, it could probably improve the longer-term splinting and I opted not to open the joint capsule to release the collateral ligaments nor release the volar plate.

And then turned turned our attention to the cord affecting the MCP of the middle finger. A transverse incision was made in the skin at about the level of the mid palmar crease. We exposed the significantly thick fascia here in the palm and very gently cut down through its depth while stretching the finger into full extension. Care was taken to protect the flexor tendons below. Finger came into full extension.

Thank you for any input.

Hello the code 26125 is an add on code and must be added with 26123. Also if using mod 59 per CPT guidelines (AMA) no other mod should be added.
In this case fasciotomy was done not ectomy so 26045-laterality mod

Palmar fasciotomy reporting for multiple releases on same hand
CPT Assistant, June 2011 Page: 13 Category: Coding Consultation

Surgery: Musculoskeletal System
Question:
Is it appropriate to report CPT codes 26040 and 26045 more than once per hand during the same surgical session? If these codes can be reported more than once per hand, can the codes be reported once per finger affected?

Answer:
Code 26040, Fasciotomy, palmar (eg, Dupuytren's contracture); percutaneous, is reported for a palmar percutaneous fasciotomy. This code is be reported only once per hand. Procedurally, multiple fascial releases in the fingers could result in severing the digital nerves and probably would not be performed. Code 26045 would also not be reported multiple times per hand for the same reason. If a palmar fasciectomy is performed to include the fingers, a code from the 26121-26125 series would be reported instead of CPT code 26045.

CPT® Assistant copyright 1990-2022 American Medical Association. All rights reserved.