Wiki Billing Fee

tlthompson

Best answers
Hello,
I was asked by a DPM to do his billing for his private practice and he asked what percentage would I accept? Could someone please let me know what a fair percentage would be to charge him for the services? He quoted 5% and I felt that was fair but I don't want to short change myself. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Billing

Hello,
I was asked by a DPM to do his billing for his private practice and he asked what percentage would I accept? Could someone please let me know what a fair percentage would be to charge him for the services? He quoted 5% and I felt that was fair but I don't want to short change myself. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tamika,

First check out his A/R reports and see what his average in charges and collections are monthly. You can charge a flat fee of $500.00 monthly just to post charges/payments and then 5%-7% collection fee (which means if you collect or pymts of $30,000 come in monthly) you would be receiving add'l $1,500 -$2,100 monthly. This way you will not short change yourself and you will feel motivated to do the job.

Thanks so much! I will definitely start there. This is pretty premature and I don't believe he is bringing in much but I will definitely look into it.