Wiki Billing for drugs when the administration code is bundled.

Ruddan

Contributor
Best answers
It's generally understood that even if, due to bundling, we're unable to bill for an administration code we still bill the HCPCS code for the drug administered. For example, when a therapeutic hip joint injection (20610) is performed during the same session in the same anatomic location as hip arthrography (27093), the therapeutic injection is bundled per CCI.

I'm looking for any official guidance or policy that states it is still acceptable to bill for the drug. I'm having trouble finding anything official, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

It's generally understood that even if, due to bundling, we're unable to bill for an administration code we still bill the HCPCS code for the drug administered. For example, when a therapeutic hip joint injection (20610) is performed during the same session in the same anatomic location as hip arthrography (27093), the therapeutic injection is bundled per CCI.

I'm looking for any official guidance or policy that states it is still acceptable to bill for the drug. I'm having trouble finding anything official, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

What is the drug?