Wiki Billing for Regenerative Amniotic Allograft

jewlz0879

True Blue
Best answers
Is anyone out there billing for Regenerative Amniotic Allograft, aka Stem Cell Injections?

I know there is no CPT code as procedure is currently billed with Q code. NO LCD.

I'm working for a physician who is about to do this.

What has been your experience is receiving payment or dealing with denials.

Or any other billing tips are welcomed and appreciated.

Best,
Julie

make sure you have the invoice pricing in box 19, I have gotten guidelines from the supplier of the product. Reach out if you still have questions. I do have more information at work and I'm looking at this from home, sorry.
Jeffrey

make sure you have the invoice pricing in box 19, I have gotten guidelines from the supplier of the product. Reach out if you still have questions. I do have more information at work and I'm looking at this from home, sorry.
Jeffrey
Hey skiboi,
We typically provide stem cell treatments as a self-pay service but are getting ready to test billing out to BCBS. However, the fee schedule seems unreasonably low for the procedures (38206,20610) given the cost of the kit. How can we get reimbursed for the cost of the kit?

TJAlexander
Sorry for the late response!
What I did with BCBS is I've submitted the claim using the portal, that way I can submit the invoice and the note all at once, reducing the processing time.
Because of the supplier we use we don't have a 'kit' that we bill for, maybe you just mean supplies used, I'm not sure and can't really answer that aspect of your question.
Billing to my MAC was a learning situation and has delayed payment on those, live & learn.
Jeffrey