Wiki Billing inpatient/residential

NoelleL

Best answers
In regards to billing inpatient/residential for substance abuse (or really any residential), can an interim bill be billed daily? We've always billed with a date span using a treatment plan HCPC and a room and board rev code. Then the appropriate type of bill code. For us we use 86(1,2,3 or 4). Our current system we bill out the date span for the month, but we are trying to bill out of our EHR system and previously it kicked out a daily bill on a UB. That seemed to cause a lot of problems with trying to get paid. Our EHR system says their other clients bill daily. Not sure if it has something to do with the state we are in or not. We are in Minnesota. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

I believe it’s possible but doesn’t sound efficient to me. At our Sub Abuse facility we typically do weekly billing. But I enter charges manually and don’t get have it set up to pull from EHR.

Billing Inpatient/Residential

I am in Pennsylvania, and it depends on which payer. I bill most payers two times per week; however, UPMC Commercial cannot be billed until client discharges from facility. Best advice, check with your payers.