Wiki billing pap after wwe have been done

What DX and CPT codes were billed for the WWE? Out of curiousity, why was a pap not done during the WWE? I know it's not a requirement, but I just find it odd that it would be done later. Where there extenuating circumstances to delay the pap or something similar?

cpt code 99395 pt came in but decided that she didn't want to have the pap done, but reschedule for pap a few days later. I spoke with the providers about this and they said sometimes the pt would state they don't feel like it, they don't have time for all that, menstrual, what a different provider. these are the reasons that are coming up. I have no idea what to do when it comes to billing the pap alone.

What DX and CPT codes were billed for the WWE? Out of curiousity, why was a pap not done during the WWE? I know it's not a requirement, but I just find it odd that it would be done later. Where there extenuating circumstances to delay the pap or something similar?

cpt code 99395 pt came in but decided that she didn't want to have the pap done, but reschedule for pap a few days later. I spoke with the providers about this and they said sometimes the pt would state they don't feel like it, they don't have time for all that, menstrual, what a different provider. these are the reasons that are coming up. I have no idea what to do when it comes to billing the pap alone.

It is my understanding that if the patient has no complaints and is just there for a routine pap, then it would not be billable because it should have been a component of the WWE. There's been some discussions about Q0091 but they're all super old and only regarding Medicare. I would be inclined to say that the pap shouldn't be billed as it would have been included in the prior exam and for elective reasons, it wasn't done that day.