Wiki Billing with 1500 form?

Best answers
Do you have to fold the 1500 form the way the insurance company tell you to? Some one told me that you did. and if you did not, they would not pay the claim.:confused:

Donna;

I have been submitting claims to insurance carriers for close to 20 years and I have never :eek: been denied payment because of how a claim form was folded.

Ive never heard that either. I have heard them tell me they dont like them folded because most of the companies scan them in and it could cause an error where the fold is when they scan them.

I never heard of that, however they do make window envelopes especially made so that when you fold it properly in a tri-fold method the insurance address will appear in the window. They also make claim form envelopes so that you don't even have to fold your claim for and your insurance address will appear in the window. Both envelopes saves time and avoids the typing on your windowless envelopes.

Hey, maybe I'll conduct an experiment and send one folded into a paper football! I'll let you know how it works out. Okay, seriously, I felt this one deserved a little light-heartedness. I haven't heard of the folding regulation either. I've got folks here in my office who fold them a few different ways. As long as the carrier's name and address apppears in your envelope window, and they receive the claim, it is then their responsibility to process it.

Bill Hale, CPC

same goes for NV Medicaid...they don't want claim forms stapled or folded. I have to send them in an 8 1/2 x11 envelope if we have to resubmit on paper. Talk about a money waster :eek: