Wiki bone-patella tendon-bone transfer

LTibbetts

Best answers
I have an op note for a arthroscopic repair of partial medial & lateral menisectomies and an open reconstruction of anterior cruciate ligament with bome-patella tendon-bone transfer. There was also an osteoplasty done during the open part of the procedure. The pt had a "locking" knee, not dislocating. I guess my questions are regarding the transfer and whether or not the osteoplasty would be coded as a separate open procedure as well.

I was going to use these codes :
27407 or 27427
27599 (?)

I'm not sure what code to use for the graft.
Any help would be appreciated. I am fairly new at ortho coding (obviously)

I can't actually tell. He said he resected the retropatellar fat pad and entered the joint formally. I think it might have been the tibia. It was by the notch. Why would you use 27248? Did you mean 27428? Also, why wouldn't you use the 24707?

yes I transposed the #'s sorry, 27428 isthe correct code. The 27407 is for the repair of the ligament when in reality he is reconstructing it (or at least thats what I gathered without the op note). Even though the codes do not bundle, I feel that it was either one or the other, not both procedures performed. Also you would not need a 59 because the 27428 and 29880 do not bundle.

I would confirm where the osteoplast took place. There is a code for an osteoplasty of the tibia.

Hope this makes sense..if not..you know how to reach me :)