Wiki Cardiomems monitoring

Best answers
If anyone else out there bills for the monitoring of the cardiomems, I am wondering with the new CPT code 93264 do you need to have a t least 1 weekly download, interp, review, report each week for the 4 weeks?

I have the same question. My interpretation of the code leads me to believe the code requires at a minimum, weekly downloads, etc. One of my providers is saying their interpretation is the report by the provider is only necessary once in the 30 days. Can someone help with this?

Hello,

for the Cardiomems monitoring, it does require weekly downloads of the pressure recordings, however you bill 93464 once every 30 days. I pulled this from Encoder Pro

Remote monitoring of a wireless pulmonary artery pressure sensor for up to 30 days, including at least weekly downloads of pulmonary artery pressure recordings, interpretation(s), trend analysis, and report(s) by a physician or other qualified health care professional

Excludes Monitoring of cardiovascular devices (93279-93289 [93260], 93291-93296, 93298-93299)
Excludes Use of code if monitoring is for less than a 30-day period
Excludes Use of code more than one time in 30 days
Includes Collection of data from an internal sensor in pulmonary artery
Includes Downloads, interpretation, analysis, and report that must occur at least one time per week
Includes ECG rhythm derived elements, which differ from physiologic data and include rhythm of the heart, rate, ST analysis, heart rate variability, T-wave alternans, among others
Includes Event monitors that:
Includes Record parts of ECGs in response to patient activation or an automatic detection algorithm (or both)
Includes Require attended surveillance
Includes Transmission and storage of data
Includes Transmit data upon request (although not immediately when activated)

Hope this helps,
Dolores