Wiki CCC Examination

Best answers
Has anyone taken the CCC exam with no background experience in EP surgery coding? I recently passed my CEMC exam last year and recently started working with EP Cardiologist coding the E/M consults and progress notes. I want to take the CCC exam and try my luck, but i am a bit nervous about it. I do have background knowledge in A&P i took my core nursing classes a while ago. Just wanted to get a second opinion. I also don't have a CPC.

My EP doesn't do his EP procedures at our hospital and I don't code those procedures. Prior to studying for the CCC I had never seen an EP op report. I left those questions for last, and was reasonably certain that I did well enough on the rest of the test that I wasn't worried about the EP questions.

Thanks! What did you use to prepare for the CCC exam? was the study guide that AAPC provides helpful?

Any suggestions on test prep, allowable reference material, or areas to review are greatly appreciated.

Glenn

I used the AAPC study guide and found it helpful, but I feel there are better resources available. I would recommend the practice exams, though.

I also purchased Navigator for Comprehensive Cardiology published by Coding Strategies. I brought this with me when I took the exam as my additional reference book. I also used Dr. Z's anatomy charts.

After I passed the exam, my employer finally purchased Dr. Z's Diagnostic & Interventional Cardiovascular Coding. Even if I had had Dr. Z's book before the exam I would have used the Coding Strategies book as my additional reference.

I'm also preparing for my CCC exam. Is the cardiology coding companion from optum allowed for this exam as the additional resource?

YouTube

I prepared by using several resources I am a visual learner I watched youtube and saw an actural EP study. After viewing it I understood the documentation. Don't for get webinars on AAPC website as a resource too.

Leigh Lingbloom, CPC-P, CCC

I prepared by using several resources I am a visual learner I watched youtube and saw an actural EP study. After viewing it I understood the documentation. Don't for get webinars on AAPC website as a resource too.

Leigh Lingbloom, CPC-P, CCC