Wiki CDEO certified coders

twizzle

Best answers
Hi everyone.

I am looking to get some feedback from a few of the coders who hold the CDEO certification. I know not many coders have actually taken the test and of those, few seem to have been successful. I'd like to hear from some who passed and some who weren't so lucky.

With AAPC not even able to give a straight answer regarding the availability of a study guide, I feel it is time to take the plunge and attempt this test. I may buy the package they are offering this month which discounts the cost of training, practice exams and the actual test.

I just would like to hear from those who took the test. Was it what you expected, was the content accurately described in the information given for the content of the test, and was it easier or more difficult than you thought?

This is such a worthwhile certification now the emphasis seems to be aimed at minimizing IP admissions as much as possible. Unfortunately AAPC does not seem to think a guide is a requirement so I wonder why they produce one for most of the other tests, CRC excepted.

I hope someone out there can provide me with some constructive advice.

Thank you.

Andrew Matheson LDS.RCS(Eng), CPC, CPMA, CANPC.

The CDEO training materials were released on 7/3. Lectures are given in pre-recorded format via AAPC Blackboard, with printable pdf's and 20-question online chapter quizzes

I do not yet see Practice Exams in my Purchases/Items; it's possible those will only be made available upon completion of the training

As for test correlation, I cannot say (taking the test next month), but I can say definitively that the training is relevant. Just yesterday, I used the information in Chapter 2 regarding the Medicare Program Integrity Manual to stop a provider from doing a very, very, very stupid thing that could have cost him his license

So far, so good

The CDEO training materials were released on 7/3. Lectures are given in pre-recorded format via AAPC Blackboard, with printable pdf's and 20-question online chapter quizzes

I do not yet see Practice Exams in my Purchases/Items; it's possible those will only be made available upon completion of the training

As for test correlation, I cannot say (taking the test next month), but I can say definitively that the training is relevant. Just yesterday, I used the information in Chapter 2 regarding the Medicare Program Integrity Manual to stop a provider from doing a very, very, very stupid thing that could have cost him his license

So far, so good

This is good information, thank you. I'm still on the fence about whether or not to do the whole training program, and you may have swayed me.

It is disappointing that it only costs $20 less to buy the training program and practice exams a la carte than to buy the full training package. It would have been nice if AAPC had taken into account all the folks who purchased the exam in advance while it was discounted.