Wiki chart auditing classes

linhtran

Contributor
Best answers
Anyone took the "Intensive Chart Auditing Practicum" by the AHCAE or the "Certified Professional Medical Auditor" by the NAMAS? Any inputs on what you recommend?:rolleyes:

I recently attended the NAMAS workshop and passed the certification exam as a CPMA. The workshop and exam are not really intended for anyone that does not have a solid understanding of E&M codes. Overall I thought it was worthwhile, but somewhat disappointing as I was anticipating a broader sprectrum of audit review.

I've been lucky to take both courses.

I have the CPMA credential and the CHCA I am awaiting the results (just took a week ago)

I preferred the Intensive Chart Practicum vs. the NAMAS course. They had multiple speakers, more information as a whole about auditing (not just E/M) and more detailed info about laws and regs... the NAMAS course from what I remember what pretty much just E/M.

The Intensive Chart Practicum is costly, ($2,500 I think + hotel expenses) but I found it to be quite worth the money.

I was certified as a CPMA in the fall of 2007. Shannon Smith was the instructor and she was wonderful! The course is E/M driven but also touches other areas as well such as Surgical Chart Auditing. For me it was very helpful and I would recommend it to anyone. By taking this course you get to take the curriculum with you as a tool for furture reference. Good luck!