ShobihaaS
Contributor
- Messages
- 18
- Location
- Nugegoda, CO
I would like to seek clarification on the appropriate diagnosis code assignment when the operative note lists "Spondylosis without myelopathy or radiculopathy, lumbosacral region" and "Lower back pain" as the pre- and post-operative diagnoses.
My main question is whether the appropriate diagnosis code should be M47.816 (Spondylosis without myelopathy or radiculopathy, lumbar region) or M47.817 (Spondylosis without myelopathy or radiculopathy, lumbosacral region), considering that the procedure was performed at the L4/L5 and L5/S1 levels.
The procedure documented in the operative note is a therapeutic medial branch block performed under fluoroscopic guidance.
I would appreciate your guidance on the correct diagnosis code selection in this scenario.
My main question is whether the appropriate diagnosis code should be M47.816 (Spondylosis without myelopathy or radiculopathy, lumbar region) or M47.817 (Spondylosis without myelopathy or radiculopathy, lumbosacral region), considering that the procedure was performed at the L4/L5 and L5/S1 levels.
The procedure documented in the operative note is a therapeutic medial branch block performed under fluoroscopic guidance.
I would appreciate your guidance on the correct diagnosis code selection in this scenario.