Wiki CMS will re-examine ICD-10 timeline

I can't imagine that they would extend that timeline out too far, if at all. Its inevitible that the US needs to switch. Many organizations have already begun working toward that implementation deadline, and to extend it too far would be a monetary loss for many. It might be helpful to extend it out a short time span, as providers are faced with a lot of changes in a short amount of time; 5010, EHR, etc.
Michelle Hanson, CPC

Since new codes are always introduced on 10-1 every year, it might be difficult to use any other date, unless they go out 1 year to 2014. I read the article earlier today and found it interesting that she stated this while speaking before an AMA contingency. I hope they don't wait until next year to tell us they are extending until 2014. We all now how fast Medicare works....
LeeAnn

I would like to know as soon as possible. I was planning on learning ICD 10 in January of 2013. Did not want to do it so far in advance and then forget everything when it does start

Careful reading

Upon reading the article carefully, it was the AUTHOR who came to the conclusion that the date would change. The acting CMS head said it would be "re-examined." The two do not necessarily mean the same thing.

I don't believe they will change the date. Maybe, possibly, offer a short grace period, but I don't look for any significant change. CMS has stood by their "firm" date of 10/1/13!! Too many entities are on tract for 2013.

I agree with Machelle, that perhaps they will do something similar to 5010 and have an implementation date and then a date a couple of months later that you must comply by, or a grace period, maybe the first of the year.
LeeAnn

Don't believe anything until you see it on CMS or their contractors website. I agree with the other posts that they will most likely have a 'grace period'. I'm studying anatomy and pathophysiology now which includes some insight into ICD 10 coding. Next year I will take the coding training. Yes, there is a lot to learn.

ICD 10 certification

Hi

Can any one explain, If I have done certification CPC in 2009, Is it necessary to get it certification again after ICD 10 that is in 2013. Do I need to write exam again to get certificate.

ICD 10 certification Help!!!!

Hi

Can any one explain, If I have done certification CPC in 2009, Is it necessary to get it certification again after ICD 10 that is in 2013. Do I need to write exam again to get certificate.
Edit/Delete Message

UB04 claim form

Does anyone happen to know where I can get a claim form (If anyone is currently using one) as an example to show how ICD9 is changing to ICD9? I just want to use one as an example.

ICD-10 - Final Draft

Has anyone heard or read whether the 2012 Draft will be frozen and not updated until after implementation of ICD-10? Also, is the same thing true of ICD-9? I had heard that they would freeze both books (no updates) at some point....have heard both 2012 versions and 2013 versions. So, anybody know which is correct?

it is post on the CDC data warehouse homepage for ICD 9 and 10 that there is in place as of this year a "partial" freeze on both code sets. Unless it is in the best interest of the public to creat new or change any exiting codes there will be no new codes until Oct 1 2014, after that only ICD-10 Cm will be udated annually or bi annually as needed, ICD-9 CM will never be updated again.