Wiki Coder Productivity

trarut

True Blue
Best answers
Those of you who do physician-based ICD-10 coding, what are your productivity standards for office visits? I'm interested in all info but specifically for Hem/Onc. There are two of us coding for 11 physicians + 2 NPs (more physicians onboarding this summer) and we currently review and code all visits and treatments. Our charge process is still manual with no interfaces so this includes the process of validating all fee tickets against our schedules every day. Our roles are expanding to include a myriad of other responsibilities related to compliance so we're trying to make a case for a third coder so I'd like to have some numbers for comparison.

Thanks in advance!

I code Hematology and Oncology and we have to average about 10 per hour, this includes infusions, injections and physician codes. When I code diagnostic radiology and lab tests its about 30 an hour. I average between 14-16 per hour of H&O accounts. I have the breakdown somewhere between per infusion, lab and MD visit ICD 10 and charging nursing admin codes somewhere if you want me to look for them, email me Cynthia.cooke@lmhosp.org