Wiki Coding Curve

Love Coding!

Expert
Best answers
Hello,

I am having a hard time understanding what is a Coding Curve. I know that there is software that demonstartes this by evaluating the coding style of a provider to find out if they are undercoding and how they are documenting. Why have this when you have the Marshfield Audit tool from Medicare? Are we not supposed to follow what medicare measures in terms of "grading" a level of service?

I hope someone can clairify this for me?

Many thanks!

dscoder74

Hello,

I am having a hard time understanding what is a Coding Curve. I know that there is software that demonstartes this by evaluating the coding style of a provider to find out if they are undercoding and how they are documenting. Why have this when you have the Marshfield Audit tool from Medicare? Are we not supposed to follow what medicare measures in terms of "grading" a level of service?

I hope someone can clairify this for me?

Many thanks!

dscoder74

dscoder, If you are referring to the "bell curve" for provider practice, I may be able to help. The pattern for services can be measured and most of the time they are shown in the shape of a bell. It's difficult to explain without a picture. If you send me a private message with your email, I will email you some examples.