Wiki Coding depression along with our economic recession.

007CPC

Best answers
Does anyone else think coding is depressing? Just trying to start a discussion

No but, my hair is getting thiner....:eek:

Marvls

I'm twenty three blessed with a Jew fro, but after these last three years in coding I see my hair falling out by the second over my book pages when reading! The Marine Corps will shave it though when I enlist!

You know just today I was studying the pratice exam because I'm taking the exam on November 15,2008 for the second time and I told myself I don't know if I want to continue to do coding. When I was in my class I loved it! To be honest it is really because I can't really code operative and postoperative reports correctly

:D Well, I used to love it. That's when I did only OB/GYN. Now I work with General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Family Practice, still do my OB/GYN and I've tried my hand in Pulmonology and a little Cardiology. Now I can say I enjoy it and am very interested in learning more!!!

coding depressing?

well, it really depends who your working with and how much you get paid! Are you getting paid as you're supposed to? If not then i kinnda get depress with you!...joke

Hmmmmm, I'm wondering if your question is really asking if we are seeing a drop on our workload because of the economy. I was looking at my stat sheet yesterday and so far I would say no. I have just as many encounters coming across my desk. Also, I am still seeing people come in for what seems like no good reason. By the way, I love my job.

This is an interesting question. When I worked at a military treatment facility that rec'd many many injured soldiers, we as coders did get a bit down sometimes, coding all the injuries. We actually asked the chief of psych to talk with us and offer suggestions for coping. He was wonderful and loved that we thought to ask him. None of us were major depressed or anything, just it kind of gets to you some days, we all are human after all. Very rewarding experience coding GWOT trauma, and with our psych friend, it turned out to be a great meeting.

Machelle
CPC, CPC-H, CPC-E/M

I love it because I'm always learning. Maybe it's about codes themselves or medical conditions, etc. Keeps those brain cells active. Not every day is the same.