Wiki Coding for Pharmacist

Tracie67

Best answers
Does anyone have experience coding for pharmacist or has used 99211 for billing their pharmacists?

One word of caution about 99211: You can't bill for the administration of an injectable medication (90782) or for the administration of an immunization (90471, 90472) and a nursing visit at the same time. You can either bill for the 99211 plus the medications or bill for the injection plus the medications.

Does anyone have experience coding for pharmacist or has used 99211 for billing their pharmacists?
Pharmacists can't practice and bill independently, so you can only bill 99211 for a pharmacist's services if all of the 'incident to' requirements have been met, including that the pharmacist is employed by, directly supervised by, and performing E&M services that are part of the plan of care ordered by the billing physician. It's an unusual arrangement to use a pharmacist in a role like this, so proceed with caution if you do so. I'm familiar with one practice that was audited and heavily penalized by Medicare for billing pharmacists' services this way without having met all of these requirements.

We use 99605, 99606, 99607 for pharmacist coding. Today I was asked if pharmacists could use the time-based billing. I was told that other FQHC's are doing it and getting paid. Has anyone experienced that?

We use 99605, 99606, 99607 for pharmacist coding. Today I was asked if pharmacists could use the time-based billing. I was told that other FQHC's are doing it and getting paid. Has anyone experienced that?
Were you able to find out any info. regarding your question? I work for a FQHC and the cpt codes were at zero dollars, so they were more for reporting purposes, but now there is a reimbursment fee and I'm trying to obtain additional guidelines as well.