Wiki Coding for Remote Interrogation of S-ICD

PSchall

Best answers
Has anyone encountered the problem with coding S-ICD Remote interrogations? Remote (not in-person) SUBCUTANEOUS Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator is not defined in codes 93295-93296. Obviously, there is a difference between the transvenous vs subcutaneous. Remote interrogation of these S-ICDs in new technology and I've checked for Cat II and Cat III codes and also HCPCS. I've also checked all the AMA CPT references and Pink Sheets, and other references I could find, I've tried googling, etc. I cannot find anything that gives any guidance on how to code the remote interrogations of S-ICDs. Does anyone have any helpful ideas.

Good question. I do know the previous models of the S-ICD did not have remote monitoring capabilities. My understanding the new Emblem S-ICD by Boston Scientific does have this ability. We do not have this model in our facility. I reached out to our Boston Scientific Rep to see if their reimbursement dept has any information regarding how to code for remote monitoring of S-ICD.

Sub-Q checks

Just checking to see if you have had any success will the reimbursement for the 93260 (sub-Q ICD check). We too are getting denied even after appealing.

S-ICD Remote Interrogations = CPT code __?

Has anyone encountered the problem with coding S-ICD Remote interrogations? Remote (not in-person) SUBCUTANEOUS Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator is not defined in codes 93295-93296. Obviously, there is a difference between the transvenous vs subcutaneous. Remote interrogation of these S-ICDs in new technology and I've checked for Cat II and Cat III codes and also HCPCS. I've also checked all the AMA CPT references and Pink Sheets, and other references I could find, I've tried googling, etc. I cannot find anything that gives any guidance on how to code the remote interrogations of S-ICDs. Does anyone have any helpful ideas.

I too would like this information. What CPT code is to be reported for Remote Interrogation of S-ICD?