Wiki Coding Productivity

c.martinez5

Best answers
Good evening! I am working on a mock proposal for my class but part of the assignment asks us to research coding productivity from different sources. I contacted a coding friend who gave me the required productivity for coders at her facility (IP, Ambulatory, and ER) bit I was curious how this stacks up against other locations. Is anyone able to discuss the required number of accounts they need to code to meet productivity? I do not need details or facility name just a general idea since this information appears to be scarce online and I’m flying blind at this point. I appreciate any help, thank you.

The project I am on currently our client requires E/M coding and procedures for physician/outpatient...they require us to do 12-15 charts/hour. Hope this is helpful.

Thank you!!

Coding vs Internal Auditing

I am also looking for methodologies. We are reviewing the coding records of a client but we believe that our numbers should be lowing then theirs as we are performing auditing duties on the charts of their coders. Due to the fact that we have to do research on errors messages that their scrubber has produced, we believe that the numbers should be lower than what they are requiring of their coders based on their charts in labs, cardiology, urgent care, charge recon, charge entry, and radiology.

I am wondering if any other firms is doing similar business and if they have some measurement methodologies that they use to come up with their productivity numbers.

I'm coding trauma, vascular, cardiac cath, EP studies, thoracic surgery, ENT, head/neck cancer surgery, and endocrine. We are only required to hit 60 charts per day but we always exceed that. This is strictly surgeries not office procedures, or visits.