Wiki Colonoscopy with BX Multiple Sites and Injection

surfergirl

Networker
Best answers
Hi All
Would appreciate your feedback on this :
My provider :
  • Sever spasm of sigmoid colon ( give Rubinol 0.4 mg Iv and 1 mg Glucagon )
  • Sigmoid colon polyp1.3 cm , injected with epinephrine , resected with HOT snare , endo clip applied
  • Random Bx from cecum, Ascending colon , descending colon , sigmoid colon obtained

I am not sure how to code this do I only use 45385 for the BX and can I use 45381 (59) for the injection?

Thank you

Hello,

Since there was a poly removed in the Sigmoid by Snare technique you would bill 45385 and you should bill 45380 for the Bx taken in the cecum, ascending and descending colon. What was the reason for the Random bx taken? What did the Pathology report reveal? It would look like this:

45380 59 or XS due to the CPT codes being bundled
45381 51

You would need to link the Sigmoid poly to 45385 since it was removed by Snare and the findings to 45380.

Hope this helps

Hi Surfer girl
Ensure put dx codes of D12 first on claim per colon s location removed the bx. and then Z code last which ever pertains to documentation.
Hope this helps!
Lady T

Hello,

Since there was a poly removed in the Sigmoid by Snare technique you would bill 45385 and you should bill 45380 for the Bx taken in the cecum, ascending and descending colon. What was the reason for the Random bx taken? What did the Pathology report reveal? It would look like this:

45380 59 or XS due to the CPT codes being bundled
45381 51

You would need to link the Sigmoid poly to 45385 since it was removed by Snare and the findings to 45380.

Hope this helps
Hi Surfer girl
Ensure put dx codes of D12 first on claim per colon s location removed the bx. and then Z code last which ever pertains to documentation.
Hope this helps!
Lady T
yes it does thank you so much!