Wiki Compliance certification 2019

Best answers
Hi everybody!! I just purchased the 2019 CPCO exam bundle and study guide. I have CPC, CRC and CPB and work for an insurance company in the SIU department as a Clinical Provider Auditor and would love to get the compliance certification. I would really appreciate any help, advise or tips you guys have on how to prepare for this certification. Thank you!!

Hi everybody!! I just purchased the 2019 CPCO exam bundle and study guide. I have CPC, CRC and CPB and work for an insurance company in the SIU department as a Clinical Provider Auditor and would love to get the compliance certification. I would really appreciate any help, advise or tips you guys have on how to prepare for this certification. Thank you!!

Hi Nancy,

I took the course last year and purchased the study guide and practice tests this year. I think they were pretty helpful and I feel more comfortable with the material this year and will be taking the exam on Saturday. I found 'quizlet' to be so helpful as there are sets available on CPCO exam and a review chapter by chapter. I actually printed all of them and have the app on my phone and just go through the questions for practice.

Here is the link: https://quizlet.com/subject/cpco/

I will post again and will let you know how the actual test is compared to the study material.

Good luck to you.

-Maryan

Cpco

Thank you!! Yes, please let me know and best of luck to you!

Hi Nancy,

I just found out I passed my exam! It was definitely an intense one, but if you are in the billing/compliance field, this should be a good application of your knowledge and rewarding to go through. It is definitely a good mix of scenario based questions and others questioning dates, laws, penalties, etc. The practice exams should help you prepare for the actual one as I was not surprised on any of the content.

The Federal register for small physicians, labs, third party billing companies and hospital was very helpful to review and also take as a reference (its one of the allowed ones). I took almost the entire time and read some questions twice. The breakdown of the questions posted by AAPC gives a pretty clear idea of how many questions will be asked on each section.

For preparation, I would study the chapters from the course and organize your material in a way to easily find information if you choose to take references with you. You are allowed to highlight information on the allowed references. Quizlet helped me also to get examples on questions, but please be careful as I did find a few answers that were incorrect on there so pay more attention to the questions for practice and you will do great.

Hope this helps and good luck to you!

-Maryan

Hi Nancy,

I just found out I passed my exam! It was definitely an intense one, but if you are in the billing/compliance field, this should be a good application of your knowledge and rewarding to go through. It is definitely a good mix of scenario based questions and others questioning dates, laws, penalties, etc. The practice exams should help you prepare for the actual one as I was not surprised on any of the content.

The Federal register for small physicians, labs, third party billing companies and hospital was very helpful to review and also take as a reference (its one of the allowed ones). I took almost the entire time and read some questions twice. The breakdown of the questions posted by AAPC gives a pretty clear idea of how many questions will be asked on each section.

For preparation, I would study the chapters from the course and organize your material in a way to easily find information if you choose to take references with you. You are allowed to highlight information on the allowed references. Quizlet helped me also to get examples on questions, but please be careful as I did find a few answers that were incorrect on there so pay more attention to the questions for practice and you will do great.

-Maryan

Thank you so much for your advise and congratulations on passing!!! How exciting.
Well I work as an Auditor in the SIU dept for a big insurance company so I’m familiar with laws and guidelines but after reading your comments I do need to study and practice. I’m printing all the references AAPC has under the exam (it so much, it’s overwhelming) but your advise about the exam is encouraging. Thank you so much and Congratulations

CPCO Exam

Hi Nancy,

-Maryan

Hello! Did you all need a coding book for the CPCO exam? I'm trying to organize my resource binder for the test. I'm taking it on the 26th & am a bit anxious. Thank you!
Mandy

You do not need the CPC book. I printed all the hyperlinks AAPC had in the "allowed" section and brought them.

I referenced both the OIG Compliance Guidance for Small Group Practices and the OIG Compliance Guidance for Hospitals quite frequently.