Wiki Confocal Laser Endomicroscopy

DEDGE CGIC

Best answers
Here's a fun new one. It's all unspecified coeds currently. We are just gearing up in partnership with a local hospital to start using this device. My question is does anyone currently bill for this device for the physician services? And if so what are you charging? It's my understanding via the Mauna Kea financial representative the cost should be based on the length of time the device is documented as being used. Just looking for anyone that may have some experience with this new technology.

Apparently it can be any one of the following codes, depending on the exact location of the procedure:

It also appears many insurers are considering it experimental/investigational.:rolleyes:

Currenlty the best representation of pricing is equivalent to the add on code for spyglass. During the period of unspecified CPT codes we are providing the care based upon pre-authorization by the payer only. Thank you for your responce. The technology is very exciting and I hope it becomes readily avaliable to all patients soon.