Wiki Contracting with Workers Comp carriers

Best answers
In regards to getting physicians contracted with multiple workers comp. carriers, what is the best way to do that? Do most offices do their own contracting or do they hire an outside source to do the contracting? We are looking to have several physicians contracted with as many workers comp carriers in our region as possible. Any recommendations are appreciated.:)

In regards to getting physicians contracted with multiple workers comp. carriers, what is the best way to do that? Do most offices do their own contracting or do they hire an outside source to do the contracting? We are looking to have several physicians contracted with as many workers comp carriers in our region as possible. Any recommendations are appreciated.:)

Hi. I'm curious as to why you want to contract with workers comp carriers? Is the reimbursement higher if you are contracted with the company? The organization I work for does not contract with those carriers and we have no problem getting paid - although the reimbursement is usually quite low.

Unfortunately, that would be a state specific question, as each state is different. In my state physicians don't contract with the carrier. The physicians and/or facilities are almost always in the MCO/PPO network. Work comp carriers are also in that network. If they're not then there is a work comp fee schedule.

Have you tried checking with your state's WCC website for info? :)

Last edited:
I realize this thread is a couple months old but I thought I would add my two cents.

We are in Virginia and Do Not contract with any work comp carriers.
We find we are paid much higher this way.
our doctors are on the panels of these carriers which does make them more visible to the work comp carriers when they are looking for physicians to treat or even do IME's.

Last edited: