Wiki ? correct CPT codes - Not sure what CPT codes

Kimberley

Expert
Best answers
Not sure what CPT codes should be used for this report? Order is for 72010, 72040 and 72070

I'm leaning towards 72040, 72070 and possibly 72080??? Help:)

CERVICAL/THORACIC SPINE, SCOLIOSIS SERIES, TWO VIEWS, 8/31/10:CLINICAL

HISTORY: Pain. The patient is unable to lift the head or move the arms.
TECHNIQUE: Frontal and lateral views of the cervical and thoracic spine, the
thoracolumbar junction and frontal view of the lumbar spine were obtained. Due to
technical problems, we were unable to fuse the frontal and lateral projections in a single
radiograph for scoliosis measurement.
FINDINGS: A mild scoliotic curvature of the thoracolumbar spine with the vertex towards
the left is demonstrated from the superior endplate of T6 through the inferior endplate of
L2 measuring approximately 5 degrees. Please note that these measurements were done
in separate radiographs. The craniocervical junction is normal. The height and alignment
of the cervical vertebral bodies are normal. I do not identify any fracture or abnormalities
in the alignment of the vertebral bodies. The intervertebral disc spaces are preserved. A
catheter descending through the left side of the neck through the anterior chest wall into
the peritoneal cavity, presumably a ventriculoperitoneal catheter, is demonstrated,
terminating in the right lower quadrant of the abdomen.
IMPRESSION: Limited examination. Mild scoliotic curvature of the thoracolumbar junction
with the vertex towards the left. I do not identify any fractures or dislocations.