Wiki CPC-A coder looking for a job

SPR

New
Best answers
Hello everyone, I'm new here and currently looking for an entry-level job. I've noticed that there are many job openings available, but they all require experience. I'm hoping to get some suggestions and ideas on how to get my foot in the door. Have any of you had similar experiences? If so, please share.

I've applied to several companies and reached out to recruiters, but so far, I haven't had any luck. It seems like everyone is looking for someone with experience. Do you have any advice on how I can gain that initial experience? Are there any local internships or shadowing opportunities that you recommend?

Last edited:
Just a polite reminder. Please be sure to always proof read any communications you send out regarding job searches.

This is a profession of attention to detail and accuracy and first impressions count.

Just a polite reminder. Please be sure to always proof read any communications you send out regarding job searches.

This is a profession of attention to detail and accuracy and first impressions count.
@twizzle
Thank you very much. Appreciate the feedback. Edited the initial message and updated.

Hi everyone. I passed my CPC exam in March, 2023 but still struggling to get a job. I was a Medical Assistant before and did externship and scores super good in my medical terminology and anatomy and physiology class but everyone is asking atleast one year of experience in Dignosis and 2 year experience in CPT. How do I get into the field of medical coding, remort or in location at IL. Please advice.

Have you looked at CSI companies? They often have entry-level (all remote) jobs.
Recently I applied to CSI company through the recruiter. There are not conform official offer yet! I am still waiting wondering.

I worked for CSI as a contractor for UHG back in 2015. About six months later I was hired on full-time. This will be my seventh year at UHG.

I worked for CSI as a contractor for UHG back in 2015. About six months later I was hired on full-time. This will be my seventh year at UHG.
I am grateful for your note and I am excited about the possibility of joining UHG. I believe it is a great company.

Hi everyone, I completed my CPC-A in the month of May, searching for part time job remote. But everyone is asking at least 1 y of experience.How do I proceed? Need advice..

Hi everyone, I completed my CPC-A in the month of May, searching for part time job remote. But everyone is asking at least 1 y of experience.How do I proceed? Need advice..
Hi CPC-A here. From my experience I tried applying with several companies for a coding position over the course of two months before I decided to just settle on a billing position. I was able to gain experience this way and improve my coding skills. It's been 11 months since I've started my billing position which I feel is a good amount of time gaining experience so I recently applied for a pro fee coding position with UHG. My resume is currently under review and I'm hoping to hear from the hiring manager pretty soon! My advice from this would be to maybe try the billing route first and while you are gaining that experience, keep updating your resume and applying for coding positions. It may take a little while to get where you want to be but it's worth it!