CPC-A job

As has been said on here many times, entry level remote jobs are few and far between although there are a few companies that will train inexperienced coders for remote positions. Since 'remote' is almost the new norm though, your chances of getting lucky are probably greater than pre-pandemic but at the end of the day my advice to you would be to NOT limit yourself to remote positions or even coding positions.
Don't expect to land a coding job anywhere without experience. My advice, and that of many others on this forum, is to search for any medical office positions such as data entry, patient registration, front desk, denials - anything to give you insight into how these businesses operate and allow you to get your foot in the door.
Be realistic with your expectations - 'work at home as a medical coder and earn $60000/year' is not realistic until you have the experience and knowledge; coding is difficult.
Good luck.

As has been said on here many times, entry level remote jobs are few and far between although there are a few companies that will train inexperienced coders for remote positions. Since 'remote' is almost the new norm though, your chances of getting lucky are probably greater than pre-pandemic but at the end of the day my advice to you would be to NOT limit yourself to remote positions or even coding positions.
Don't expect to land a coding job anywhere without experience. My advice, and that of many others on this forum, is to search for any medical office positions such as data entry, patient registration, front desk, denials - anything to give you insight into how these businesses operate and allow you to get your foot in the door.
Be realistic with your expectations - 'work at home as a medical coder and earn $60000/year' is not realistic until you have the experience and knowledge; coding is difficult.
Good luck.
Hello,
Thank you for your response. I already do data entry, electronic requisition, and many other things not related to medical coding at my job. When they post a medical coding job they only require experience in medical coding. How can I gain that experience if I was never trained to be a medical coder? I took a medical course and I passed the CPC exam in order to change my career. My goal is not to earn $60000/year. However, my goal is to gain experience and start to work as a coder. I am also willing to do an internship to gain medical coding experience.

Thank you for your time,
Adissa S.

Good luck.
Thanks for this great advice.

Good luck.
Thank you for the advice and how to get our foot in the door as a non -experience coder I plan to take my test at the beginning of next year.

Thank you for the advice and how to get our foot in the door as a non -experience coder I plan to take my test at the beginning of next year.
You have to look for any entry-level job in the healthcare field, whether it's patient accounts, scheduler, etc. Work your way up.

Create an account on Linkedln. A lot of angencies are looking for different kind of coders. They usually ask for 1+ experience, dont be shy to ask even u have no experience, you may get your coding job start from there.

Hello,
Thank you for your response. I already do data entry, electronic requisition, and many other things not related to medical coding at my job. When they post a medical coding job they only require experience in medical coding. How can I gain that experience if I was never trained to be a medical coder? I took a medical course and I passed the CPC exam in order to change my career. My goal is not to earn $60000/year. However, my goal is to gain experience and start to work as a coder. I am also willing to do an internship to gain medical coding experience.

Thank you for your time,
Adissa S.
I agree me too in the same boat.😔