Wiki Cpc exam

Aminmequita

Contributor
Best answers
Any professional coders that actually passed that exam that can give me advice on how it feels to be coding in the field i would really like to know

Coding in the real world

Hi,

Coding is definitely a little different in the real world cases. For example, on the test, AAPC tells you what level the History, Exam and MDM are but in real world coding, you're going to have to know how to find those levels and determine the overall individual levels and overall visit level yourself. Also, MD's don't always document in a perfect text book style. They have parts of the notes in different places, they may be missing important parts, etc. You just have to know what you're looking for and know you guidelines of what you can and can't do. You'll be fine. I learned so much more after getting out and coding for real. You'll love it. I love that I never stop learning. I'm always doing more to advance my knowledge and get the credentials to show that I have the knowledge. There's no turning back for me. When I was billing, I didn't see myself doing that into retirement. Coding, I do. I work from home too and that's even better.

Best of luck.