Wiki CPC Looking for Part time position

cowgirlala

Best answers
Sharon Wilson
2084 Tudor Lane
Moody, Alabama 35004
Cell Number: (205)910-9042

Desired Position:

I am seeking a position where I can utilize my coding and medical office skills. I am a self starter and I have always met goals that were set and exceeded them.

Education:

I am a Certified Professional Coder with the AAPC. I also have an Associate Applied Science Degree from Jefferson State College in Birmingham, Alabama. I Completed an 80 hour Course with the ?AAPC? American Academy of Professional Coder and have an Associate Degree at Jefferson State and will start the HIM Program at UAB in January. I have also completed at ICD-10 boot camp.

Skills:
I am a certified professional Coder, experience in ED coding, orthopedic and ocular prosthetic coding and billing. I worked as an office Manager. I left there after 4 years to return to a full time coding position.
My skills include Medical Records, ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT codes, Billing, Front Office skills, Medical Terminology and Anatomy.
I am proficient in Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, PowerPoint, Star, SoftMed, Medisoft, DST Solutions Software, Greenway, Gateway and 3M Encoder. I also am proficient in other software programs.
In sales I met all of my sales budgets and exceeded them. I received District Sales Manager of the year, Regional Sales Manager of the year, and Sales Rep. of the year many times. When in Pharmaceutical Sales I was responsible for building and growing the sales in Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Tennessee.

Experience:

Jan. 2011- June 2011 Surgical Associates, Birmingham, Alabama
Surgical coding for 5 general surgeons.

11/2006- Jan. 2011 Cox Ocular Prosthetics, Birmingham, Alabama
Callahan Eye Foundation Hospital
Office Manager responsible for setting appointments, medical
billing, coding and marketing.

11/2004- 8/2006 Medical Center East, Birmingham, Alabama
HIM Clerk
I was responsible for ER records and posting documents to patient charts after doctors dictate their notes.

1/1997 ? 1/2001 Del Monte Foods, Birmingham, Alabama
Southeast Customer Account Coordinator/ Inventory Analyst

1992 ? 1996 K V Pharmaceutical Co., Ethex Division, St. Louis, MO.
Regional Sales Manager for the Southeastern United States
Responsible for sales in 17 southeastern states. Always meeting over 100% of quota while employed.

1990- 1992 United Research Laboratories, Bensalem, PA
District Sales Manager for Alabama, Florida and Georgia
Responsible for 3 sales people and my own sales territory.
Sales Rep. of the year-1990 and Sales Manager of the year-1992.

References:

Jan Carlson St. Vincent?s East Hospital, Staffing Solutions (205)930-2339
Birmingham, Alabama

Miriam Archer St. Vincent?s East Hospital, HIM Supervisor (205)838-3441
Birmingham, Alabama

Elise Cox Pratt Cox Ocular Prosthetics, Inc. (205)-939-9110
And Bill Cox Callahan Eye Foundation Hospital
Birmingham, Alabama

Deborah Jones Surgical Associates Inc. (205) 930-8010
Brookwood Medical Plaza
Birmingham, Alabama