CPC practice exam questions vs. CPC actual exam questions

kbearden1985

Networker
Best answers
I am taking the CPC exam this Saturday. I purchased all three AAPC CPC practice exams and have been working on them for a couple of weeks. My question is, for those of you that also used the practice exams prior to taking the actual exam, did you find that any of the actual questions were similar to the practice exam questions? I know the AAPC wouldn't use questions from the practice exam for the actual exam, but I'm just curious as to if there were any great similarities.

When I took the CPPM exam, the practice questions were very similar to the actual exam questions and without the practice questions, I would not have passed the first time. Be sure to read all questions carefully as some answers will be "mostly" right, but not completely right, and you need to ascertain the best answer. Good luck and keep reviewing the practice exams.

Also I found by re-doing the practice exams in reverse, starting with the last question, it made the exam seem like a new practice exam with me learning more.

Practice Exam

Yes the questions found in the CPC, CANPC, and CHONC pre-testing study guides are very similar to what you will find/experience with in the real examination. Be sure when you are taking the practice exams either by book or online that when you get it wrong to read why.
Good Luck taking your examination. Be sure to eat something before the test. Answer the questions you know or are more familiar with leaving the hard ones behind - you can go back and answer those at the end. You can return to those after the easy stuff has been tackled.
Also be sure to wear comfortable, loose clothes in layers. Bring something to drink to keep hydrated through your exam and maybe a snack.

Taking the practice exams

I am almost done with my course and was wondering where i can get a practice exam, just to see what it is like. I hate to purchase more things if there is somewhere i can get it to see what it is like. thanks:)

Trust me buying the practice exams is something that is definitely worth the investment. I passed both the CPC and CPC-H exams on the first try and attribute it not only to studying really hard but in large part to the practice exams they really help

day2536

Can anyone tell me were I can find the list that tells you how many question there are in each section?

cpc exam

I took coding and billing and finish December 2016 I take my test Saturday can I still use my books ICD 10 CPT 2016

I took coding and billing and finish December 2016 I take my test Saturday can I still use my books ICD 10 CPT 2016

The 2017 code set had major changes since the multiple year code freeze was released. Changes include the guidelines as well. You will want a current 2017 book

2017 changes

Hi, I took the CPC class in 2015-2016. I have to retake the exam again. My question is, how different will tests be from 2016? Do I need to retake the class before taking the exam in 2017? I'm currently looking to retest in April. HELP!

I'm wondering the same thing. I started in 2016 & got the whole package. I'm still doing the coding part of the course & will need to get extended time. Will I have to take the 2017 course to pass the CPC test?