Wiki CPC seeking Coding Job

cdr4life

Networker
Best answers
**Stephanie Garrison
4849 E Roosevelt Street Apt 1108 Phoenix, AZ 85008 | 480-275-9053 | Stephanie.garrison1987@yahoo.com
Objective
· To become the absolute best certified coder I can be, which I know I am, but there is always room for improvement and learning.
Education
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA |MAY 2006 | RED MOUNTAIN HIGH SCHOOL, MESA ARIZONA
· Major: n/a
· Minor: n/a
· Related coursework: computer classes which have helped me exceed employers’ expectations
CERTIFICATE – MEDICAL BILLING AND CODING | 2/2012 | CARRINGTON COLLEGE, MESA ARIZONA
· Major: Medical Billing and Coding
· Minor: Medical Billing and Coding
· Related coursework: Medical Billing and Coding
Skills & Abilities
MANAGEMENT
· I currently don’t have a medical billing and coding management title, which I am fine with, but I am in charge of training new billers and coders on how the EMD’s system works regarding billing and coding.
COMMUNICATION
· I feel communication plays a huge role in any job, whether it’s a person working in fast food, or a CEO of a company.
LEADERSHIP
· I do have some leaderships skills at my current job that I am proud of – I train the new billers and coders how the EMD’s system works when billing and coding services.
Experience
SENIOR BILLER – CVS HEALTH – 09/2016 THRU CURRENT
• My main priority is to code out visits for various Medicaid plans that the states has to offer low income families. I bill out drugs and supplies by making sure I abide by the payer’s rules for billing and coding. We do not bill out visits, we only bill out supplies and drugs. We do get most of our monies from the drugs themselves and not the supplies. I also am responsible for going thru several reports per day to make sure everything for the payer’s that I specifically deal with are up-to-date and do not get rejected for timely filing. I also make sure to answer any and all emails promptly. My supervisor also gives me several projects for me to work on because I like to help my supervisor out whenever needed.
Biller – CBI – 07/2016-09/2016
• This job was just a temporary job until I got the job at CVS HEALTH. This job had only a few responsibilities… one was making sure to check out claims to see if they needed to be scrubbed. More often than not, these claims rejected for missing/invalid diagnosis code – mainly because they didn’t abide by ICD10 standards that came into effect in October 2015.
CERTIFIED MEDICAL BILLER AND CODER (CPC) | GOOD HEALTH FINANCIAL | 2/2014 THRU 06/2016
· My main priority is to code the visits the doctor’s have signed off. I have one year of coding home health. I am in charge of training billers and coders how our EMR system works which is called EMD’s. I have come a long ways when training new folks as I have never done this in the past. I take pride in what I do for a living. I just feel it’s time for a change in scenery.
CERTIFIED MEDICAL BILLER AND CODER (CPC) | SCOTTSDALE FAMILY HEALTH | 2/2012 THRU 2/2014
· I was in charge of coding out the superbills into Practice Partner (name of system at the office)
· I also would call patient’s regarding denials of claims, past due balances, etc. I was also trained scheduling for the front office when they would become short staffed.