Wiki CPC Seeking Remote Coding Opportunity

melissa.reed22

Contributor
Best answers
MELISSA REED, CPC

Mountain Grove, MO 65711 | 417-259-6080 | melissa.reed22@yahoo.com

SUMMARY

Certified Professional Coder, licensed by the American Academy of Professional Coders, skilled at medical billing and coding. Reliable multi-tasker with extensive experience in a family practice and orthopedic settings. Enthusiastic worker with excellent people skills and dedicated work ethic. Strong attention to detail and extensive knowledge of medical terminology. Team player with a positive attitude and good communication skills. Medical coder with six years of experience in family practice and orthopedic physician documentation and coding. Certified in ICD-9, ICD-10, HCPCS, and CPT4. Familiar with commercial and private insurance carriers as well as work comp.
SKILLS

Languages
· English

EMR Experience
· Allscripts
· Aprima
· NextGen
· Cerner PowerCharts
· Intergy

Software
· Microsoft Office 2016
· Outlook Express

EXPERIENCE

April 2016 – Current Remote Evaluation and Management Coder, The Coding Network
Part Time Remote Position
· Code E/M visits and minor procedures for multiple orthopedic and podiatry clients.
Reason for Leaving: I do not plan to leave this job. I only do this part time nights and weekends.

September 2015 – Current Certified Professional Coder, Advanced Bone and Joint
St. Peters, MO
· Coded encounters from orthopedic, podiatry, and pain management visits as well as surgeries, hospital consults, and injections.
· Coded for work-comp visits, home health, and DME disbursement.
· Trusted to code remotely to catch up backlog or for special assignments.
Reason for Leaving: Moving away to care for family.

November 2014 – September 2015 Certified Professional Coder, Orthopedic Associates, LLC
St. Louis, MO
· Coded superbills from orthopedic, podiatry, and pain management visits as well as surgeries, hospital consults, and injections.
· Coded for work-comp visits, independent medical exams, and DME disbursement.
· Wrote appeal letters.
· Answered patient phone calls.
· Collected patient payments.
· Performed remote coding for special projects assigned by management.
Reason for Leaving: I found a job closer to where I lived for higher pay.

June 2010 – November 2014 Certified Professional Coder at Check Out Desk, Mountain Grove Medical and Laser Center
Mountain Grove, MO
· Recorded and filed patient data and medical records.
· Carefully reviewed medical records for accuracy and completion as required by insurance companies.
· Strictly followed all federal and state guidelines for release of information.
· Examined diagnosis codes for accuracy, completeness, specificity and appropriateness according to services rendered.
· Scheduled patient appointments.
· Resolved and clarified issues with patient medications and collaborated with local pharmacies.
· Accurately entered procedure codes, diagnosis codes and patient information into billing software.
· Reviewed diagnostic and procedural terminology for consistency with acceptable medical nomenclature.
· Confirmed patient information, collected copays and verified insurance.
· Posted charges, payments and adjustments.
· Communicated with medical transcriptionists regarding patient medical records.
· Evaluated the accuracy of provider charges, including dates of service, procedures, level of care, locations, diagnoses, patient identification and provider signature.
Reason for Leaving: I moved away to advance my career.

EDUCATION

2010 Associate of the Arts in Business Administration
Concentration in Medical Coding and Billing
American Intercontinental University Online

Certified Professional Coder
License #: 01324488
AAPC