Wiki Cpt-4

Vimto@ap1

New
Best answers
Hello, I have been seeing a lot of jobs listed requiring CPT-4 coding experience. Is this the same as HCPCS Level I and found in certain parts of the CPT coding book? Thanks.

Hello, I have been seeing a lot of jobs listed requiring CPT-4 coding experience. Is this the same as HCPCS Level I and found in certain parts of the CPT coding book? Thanks.

CPT-4 is your procedure coding book - Current Procedureal Terminology (CPT), Fourth Edition. I would say these jobs are looking for people with experience coding procedures, E/M, lab, x-ray, etc...all of the codes in the book.

The CPT-4 title was removed in the year 2000 and was replaced with CPT. The AMA stated there would be no further revisions, only yearly updates. CPT codes are HCPC I codes. The AMA trademarked HCPC I as CPT. Having said this, the AMA in 2013 stated that CPT will be replaced with CPT-5 in the near future.
It is not the HCPC I codes are in certain parts of the CPT book, HCPC I codes are the CPT book. Every CPT code is a HCPC I code.