Wiki Cpt and icd.10 book suggestions please

summerh75

Best answers
It is time to buy 2016 CPT and ICD.10 books. I am hoping for a little advice on this. I will be taking my CPC with these books as well as coding and billing at my job. I want to make sure before I purchase that these books will help me in both areas.

Also, regarding the exam...Has anyone heard of the Blitz videos? If so, do you feel it to be useful? Passing this exam means the world to me. I have put so much into this career, its time to reach the next level with it. I need all the help I can get :)

Thank you all in advance for your time . God Bless

ICD-10 do not get the AAPC version. I'm not sure what the best version is. I'm still using ICD-10-CM 2015 draft since there are no changed from 2015-2016
CPT only ones allowed are Standard and Professional. You want Professional. AMA is the only publisher allowed for CPT

The exam is actually harder for those with experience as you need to forget all you know about what your local payers want and focus purely on the guidelines in the book. The "job" on the test is to pick the best of the 4 answers.

Blitz videos are great. I used them, well technically I went through my whole coding training with CCO and they included the blitz for free. I feel I got a lot out of the blitz. I actually only finished 1/2 my CPC training before I ran out of time and needed to schedule the exam. Blitz is what I turned to and did just fine. Id also suggest several timed practice exams. I bought the 3 from CCO the 3 from AAPC plus 2 from Medical Coding Pro.

Last edited: