Wiki CPT code 95904

sla696

Best answers
I am in Worker's Comp and this particular case is in a state which follows CPT 2012. I am trying to figure out if the following is inching or if units can be billed. Appreciate any input.

Sensory Nerve Study
LT Median Nerve
Stim Site Wrist Lat PK (LAT) AMP
Rec Site
Index 5.1 6.6 2.0
M Ring 5.2 6.2 1.2
U ring 2.3 3.2 23.0

you would bill in units. Look in the back of your 2012 CPT book and it gives a list of what is what Sensory vs Motor.

95900 NERVE CONDUCTION TEST, MOTOR; w/o f-wave
Bill by units. 1unit= each nerve Branch not how many times you test a single branch nerve.
95903 NERVE CONDUCTION TEST, MOTOR; WITH f-wave
Bill by units. 1unit= each nerve Branch not how many times you test a single branch nerve.
If you perform motor nerve with the f-wave you can only bill the f-wave code(95903) for the branch tested. Example: If you perform motor test on the medial L, medial R, Ulnar L, Ulnar R and the F wave only on the Ulnar R, Ulnar L, billing would be 95900-59 x2 units (for the medial) & 95903 x2units(for the ulnar)
95904 NERVE CONDUCTION TEST, SENSEORY

Good luck,

This may be testing of
Median sensory nerve to the 2nd digit (index)
Median sensory nerve to the 4th digit (ring)
and comparison to
Ulnar sensory nerve to the 4th digit (ring)

I would check with the physician as this is not a common method of documentation of the above NCS. It is not the typical documentation for inching either.