CPT codes 20985-20987

kari2007

Networker
Best answers
I am for examples on when to use these codes. Our ortho doc uses a mini c-arm during surgery. Are these codes used to report that?
Thanks

mbort

True Blue
Best answers
yes they are. Since they are "add on" codes, make sure that you are billing an approved primary procedure (there are a ton of them). These codes are also -51 exempt.

(I just put a memo out on this to my docs today as a matter of fact because they werent documenting image-less or obtained images)

kari2007

Networker
Best answers
Thanks! Is there a appendix or a list of approved primary procedures for this or do I need to check the CCI edits each time? I too will need to have the docs tell me if it was image or image-less

mbort

True Blue
Best answers
Thanks! Is there a appendix or a list of approved primary procedures for this or do I need to check the CCI edits each time? I too will need to have the docs tell me if it was image or image-less
I use Encoder Pro which has the list provided there. If you dont have this available, then I would use the CCI edits

I do not see an appendix or even a reference in the CPT book for that matter as to where to find this list (thats kinda dumb on CPT's part..pardon the dig).