Wiki CRC Exam questions

Best answers
Is there anyone that has passed the CRC Exam that could give me some advice on the test and any pointers for the class as I am taking it currently. I look forward to your help!

it is def a hard exam!

Going into the exam, I was most worried about the coding part, but that ended up being the easiest part. Know the guidelines, or where to reference the guidelines. Know the abbreviations, such as HCC, MACRA, MIPS, etc. They asked some pretty irrelevant terminology questions (or at least I thought). Like, what are the characteristic of a certain seizure. I have no idea! And I thought I knew certain things until I read the answers they provided haha

If you have the practice ABC exams (not thru the aapc modules), those are the most helpful.

Good luck! Don't second guess yourself and don't go back and change answers.

Robyn

CRC exam

Are there just some questions that are just on medical terminology/anatomy? I'm wondering how much time to spend on studying that again. Thanks.

CRC exam questions

Are there just some questions that are just on medical terminology/anatomy? I'm wondering how much time to spend on studying that again. Thanks.

Take a look at the CRC exam breakdown on the website. It tells you exactly what subjects are covered and how many questions there are for each one.
Anyone taking an AAPC test should always refer to the breakdown for their particular test.

Does the CRC exam ask you to calculate scores? Do you have to come in with all the HCC categories memorized? I just got done with my course and looking at all different free practice tests I can find before I consider purchasing the AAPC practice exams. Some state you need to calc scores others state tell me what V22 would be etc. Starting to freak out....hoping I'm just over stressing.

Does the CRC exam ask you to calculate scores? Do you have to come in with all the HCC categories memorized? I just got done with my course and looking at all different free practice tests I can find before I consider purchasing the AAPC practice exams. Some state you need to calc scores others state tell me what V22 would be etc. Starting to freak out....hoping I'm just over stressing.
No you don't have to memorize all HCC categories/scores. Nobody could memorize all that. In reference to the poster who asked about terminology/anatomy questions, there are a handful.
As I said previously, please refer to the exam breakdown on this website; it tells you exactly how many questions are on each topic that make up the exam. I just took the test and the breakdown is accurate.

The exam isn't too bad, I have little risk adjustment training and no actual experience and I passed the first time. Everything needed will be provided. Trump list, HCC list etc. I don't even recall needing to know which DX codes risk adjust.

While I have not taken the exam yet many of my colleagues have recommended:
-take all the practice exams you can - and then take them again!
-look at the answers, you can usually eliminate 1 or 2 right away and want to be efficient with your time

Hi,

Am gonna appear for the CRC exam in India this month. Wondering about certain issues:
1. What all references are provided for CRC exam, mapping list or any other reference?
2. Is the exam still paper-pencil or is it online nowadays?
3. The instructions mentioned that code books would be supplied by the exam center and personal books would not be allowed. Is that correct? Means no more carrying own books with highlights and notes?

Hi,

Am gonna appear for the CRC exam in India this month. Wondering about certain issues:
1. What all references are provided for CRC exam, mapping list or any other reference?
2. Is the exam still paper-pencil or is it online nowadays?
3. The instructions mentioned that code books would be supplied by the exam center and personal books would not be allowed. Is that correct? Means no more carrying own books with highlights and notes?
No references are provided or needed. All AAPC exams are paper-pencil. Exam conditions in India appear to be different to here in the US. If you are advised that books will be provided, books will be provided.
Good luck for your appearance.