Wiki Detailed examination

Trendale

Guru
Best answers
As I understand it, a detailed examination is when the physician examines 2 to 7 areas or systems, with 4 findings in the affected system; therefore a total of 8 or more findings overall. The way I originally understood it, the 4 findings, is not counted as a bullet, it is only required to qualify for a detailed exam, which makes a distinct difference in a expanded problem focused exam(just 2 to 7 areas or systems w/o 4 findings in the affected area). I just want to make sure if I should or should not count the 4 findings in the affected area. Thanks!:eek:

As I understand it, a detailed examination is when the physician examines 2 to 7 areas or systems, with 4 findings in the affected system; therefore a total of 8 or more findings overall. The way I originally understood it, the 4 findings, is not counted as a bullet, it is only required to qualify for a detailed exam, which makes a distinct difference in a expanded problem focused exam(just 2 to 7 areas or systems w/o 4 findings in the affected area). I just want to make sure if I should or should not count the 4 findings in the affected area. Thanks!:eek:

In your case, I would check with the insurance carrier directly, each insurance has their "own rules" regarding what a detailed exam is. Where I live I use our local medicare carrier's criteria.

Hope this helps,