Wiki Differentiate Between Encounter Codes for Chemo, Immunotherapy or hormone??

Best answers
I am still learning the accurate ways of coding oncology/hematology.
Are we supposed to differentiate when assigning encounter codes for patients who are receiving chemotherapy drugs as opposed to immunotherapy drugs? Until recently I wasn't aware there was a difference, and I was just using Z51.11 for all these encounters.
Also, are there ICD-10 encounter codes for patients who are there to receive ancillary drugs or hormones? Some of these patients receive hormone therapy for the rest of their lives following certain types of cancer.
Thanks in advance!

Good rule of thumb - if a drug ends in -mab and is given, the encounter typically is assigned Z51.12. If it's antineoplastic chemotherapy (J9---), it's typically assigned Z51.11.

Good rule of thumb - if a drug ends in -mab and is given, the encounter typically is assigned Z51.12. If it's antineoplastic chemotherapy (J9---), it's typically assigned Z51.11.
So you do differentiate between Z51.11 and Z51.12 as appropriate? Thank you for that tip - that's definitely helpful :)
I have looked but don't see any diagnosis codes for encounter for ancillary agents or encounter for hormone therapy? Any thoughts on that?

Look up the drug or substance being infused to see what drug class it's listed under. Doesn't always mean it will be used exactly that way, but at least you'll know if it's considered chemo vs immunotherapy. And look up the word "immunotherapy" to get a better definition of exactly what that encompasses.

Look up the drug or substance being infused to see what drug class it's listed under. Doesn't always mean it will be used exactly that way, but at least you'll know if it's considered chemo vs immunotherapy. And look up the word "immunotherapy" to get a better definition of exactly what that encompasses.
So if the classification of drug is listed as an immunotherapy drug or a chemotherapy drug can we assign the Z51.12 or Z51.11 based on that or is there something else I need to look for?