Wiki Documentation requirements for billing remote patient monitoring?

Mrsrpc

Guru
Best answers
Hi all,
I'm new to reimbursement regarding remote patient monitoring (CPT codes: 99453, 99454, 99457, 00458 and 99091). What documentation from the patient record are payers wanting to be included with claim? TIA

Hi Mrsrpc,:)
The documentation should start off for the day of treatment the provider verifying that this is the correct patient and getting pt.' s permission to do the telehealth or phone call . All that is typed on top of EHR page/med record. We use CPT 99441-99443 for MD, DO NP and PA. if phone call. If a telehealth video visit we use the Eval Mg 99202-99214 adding modifier 95. The time must be documented on amount time spent talking or doing video telehealth on each day's treatment too. Then documentation should follow as CC or NOC, history, ROS, med history, reason for follow up and medication discussion ,Etc. and description of what discussed or ancillary labs or xrays ordered for pt s future. If the video does not work or pt cannot get it working note this on medical record then phone patient.
I hope this data helps you
Lady T ;)

The documentation should start off for the day of treatment the provider verifying that this is the correct patient and getting pt.' s permission to do the telehealth or phone call . All that is typed on top of EHR page/med record. We use CPT 99441-99443 for MD, DO NP and PA. if phone call. If a telehealth video visit we use the Eval Mg 99202-99214 adding modifier 95. The time must be documented on amount time spent talking or doing video telehealth on each day's treatment too. Then documentation should follow as CC or NOC, history, ROS, med history, reason for follow up and medication discussion ,Etc. and description of what discussed or ancillary labs or xrays ordered for pt s future. If the video does not work or pt cannot get it working note this on medical record then phone patient.
Lady T ;)
Thank you very much! I wasn't
Lady T ;)
Also, is there a good reference on the nuances of this topic? For ex. Im
Assuming I can’t use 99454 RPM along with 99202-14. Much appreciated!