Wiki Drug Screen

DHead1963

Best answers
Do anyone know what code I can use for screens done under LCMS as opposed to the G0431 (immunoassay reaction).

Last edited:
Refer to the Definitive Testing section of the CPT book - 80000 codes - and also the G codes in the 2015 HCPCS book. That is all of the help I can offer. We recently purchased an LCMS and with the 2015 changes, there are not enough G codes to bill for all of the drug classes so I am searching feverishly to figure out what we are supposed to do.

Hope this helps you a bit anyway.

Please Help

We have exhausted all of our finding in our 2015 CPT Book and on the web for this information for the screens done under LCMS as opposed to the G0431 (immunoassay reaction)for a replacement code for G0431. Does anyone have any information on what code to use.

It also depends who you are billing CMS has not changed to the new CPT codes yet. They are still using CPT 2014. If you are billing Medicaid or Medicare in NJ you cannot use the 2015 CPT codes as yet.

Drug screen codes depend on which drugs are being tested and the type of specimen you are using. There are panel codes and individual codes for drug testing. If performing drug test on urine, then find a panel with all the drugs in it or list them individually. For example the cpt code you are trying to find G0431 in 2014 the cpt code was 80100 for 2015 the cpt code is 80303. but if the drug being tested is FENTANYL, DRUG MANAGEMENT use 2014 cpt code 83295 but for 2015 use 80354. Hopes this helps!