• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

DX

JRAINERI12

Best answers
that's what i was thinking, but my co-worker is trying to get reimbursed from bc for her contact lens' because the vision center doesn't par and on the form it is asking for a DX code if asking for a reimbursment for contacts. so i am at a loss...if anything i would expect a procedure code.?

dmaec

True Blue
Best answers
?? curious - "why" would you be coding "picking up contact lens"? Because a patient comes in to pick up their prescribed contact lens?

JRAINERI12

Best answers
her insurance doesn't par w/ wal mart for contact lens' so she pays out of pocket, then they reimburse her for what she paid.

she has a long form from bc to fill out and they are asking for the cpt and dx. i just don't know what dx's are avaliable for eye exams.

bwoz

Best answers
If your co-worker has a contact lens benefit through her bc/bs, then the payment for the actual contacts would include the "pick up" of them. If she had a fitting, then that includes the dispensing/f/u care of them to her. The dx is whatever is documented for the visit like always, i.e., routine vision exam, refractive error, blurry vision, etc. Hope that's helpful.

mbort

True Blue
Best answers
sounds to me like your friend just wants to be reimbursed from the ins carrier for the actual payment she made on the lenses themself. She should be able to go by the eye center at Walmart and get the appropriate codes from them as she had to give them the prescription to fill it and since they do not participate,they should be able to assist in getting her the info she needs to be reimbursed.