Wiki E/M Audit

Thank you Mandy and Brandi you both have been great help!!!

Here's another question.

Is a 94760 - Noninvasive ear or pulse oximetry for oxygen saturation; single determination included with 99284 ER visit?

What's your thoughts?

Tina

Thank you Mandy and Brandi you both have been great help!!!

Here's another question.

Is a 94760 - Noninvasive ear or pulse oximetry for oxygen saturation; single determination included with 99284 ER visit?

What's your thoughts?

Tina

Yes, it's included. It would be similar to billing for taking the patient's BP, separately.;)

I've posted these other places, but...

I made this E/M reference chart for the new coders I'm tutoring, and since it's similar to an audit tool, I thought some of you might like it, as well. It's kind of "busy", (okay, really busy) but it encompasses nearly all of the E/M codes' requirements (except the oddballs, like Porlonged Care and Telemedicine)...once you get past the initial shock, it's pretty easy to use.:p

I hope these pics don't load blurry - I had to transfer them from another post, because I'd saved them on a different computer - if you're not able to see it well after right-clicking and saving them to your computer, let me know, and I'll re-load them...enjoy! :D

Attachments

• EasyEMPart1.jpg
    EasyEMPart1.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 97
  • EasyEMPart2.jpg
    EasyEMPart2.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 91
Auditing Training with Providers

I have just finished my first group of Audits with my doctors. I am now trying to set up a training with them to help enforce some of the problems.

Being a new auditor, I am trying to find the best way to figure out where to start. Some providers are over documenting some are under documenting. Some have too much in the history based on the presenting problem. So I am trying to figure where to start.

I know we are under coding our visits (or over documenting) but where to begin I do not know. I am trying to figure what are some of the common problems but this means maybe going back to each audit?

Any suggestions? :confused:

E/M University

I have just finished my first group of Audits with my doctors. I am now trying to set up a training with them to help enforce some of the problems.

Being a new auditor, I am trying to find the best way to figure out where to start. Some providers are over documenting some are under documenting. Some have too much in the history based on the presenting problem. So I am trying to figure where to start.

I know we are under coding our visits (or over documenting) but where to begin I do not know. I am trying to figure what are some of the common problems but this means maybe going back to each audit?

Any suggestions? :confused:

Get them to sign up for www.emuniversity.com! The case of the week is emailed in a text, with a link to give you the opportunity to "vote" on the correct code (you only get 4 choices, so at least part of the decision making is done for you). Once you vote, you get an link to the video explanation of the coding. Peter Jensen MD is a CPC and really focuses on necessary but efficient documentation.

Hope that helps.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC

E/m score sheet

I like Trailblazer's: http://www.e-medtools.com/Aqua_Medicare_Coding_Worksheet.html
I made my own "score sheet" for providers in Excel that allows me to show what I gave credit for including in the exam (We use 1997 guidelines only, at the moment.) - My spreadsheet's not perfect, but it works... I can email it to you tomorrow, if you want.;)

SEARCHING E/M THREADS. ARE YOU STILL ABLE TO EMAIL YOUR SCORE SHEET?
IF SO, WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE. NEW CPC

Thanks,

cw.lmg@hotmail.com

I'd like a copy also..

lwilson@laurelhs.org

Thanks!

Sent it! :D

If anyone else would like a copy of my audit worksheets (or any other resource I've posted), please send me an email directly at brandi.tadlock@umchealthsystem.com

(Please include information as to what you're requesting...I've posted a lot of stuff, in a lot of different threads, so if you're not specific, I may not know what you're asking for...)

You can reply here, if you want, but I can't guarantee that I'll respond in a timely manner...
I get an email notification whenever someone posts in this thread, but only after the first new post that's added, since the last time I actually opened the thread. The email shows me the comment, so I don't need to open this page, to respond.

But, sometimes, I get several requests at once, because new comments bump the thread up to the top of the forum, where a lot of people see it. If I don't check the thread, I may not realize that there are more requests.

So, emailing me directly is the best way to contact me. Have a good weekend! ;)